Afiqq Blog

11 July 2007

No Photos Cos Its a Government Building

I have finished my 3 months vacation leave and now i ORD already. Got my pink IC at Civil Defence Academy (CDA), i shake hands with my friends i've made there and wished them good luck. So now it is time to get a job.

i will remember those who have worked for me and those who have made me sick. after working there for almost 2 years i realised that talking to people working there is important, not just making friends but also getting important information that I need to know from them. because i work as a telephone operator at CDA and my job is supposed to be transfering of calls only, sometimes i may get people asking many2 kinds of questions, and i can't say "I donno" and i have to transfer their calls to the right department for them to get answers for their questions. so i have to be friendly, i have to be very nice to the people working in various departments in CDA and then i can gather information from them as much as possible so that i can easily give enough information to the callers i received.

its quite hard to be a telephone operator. sometimes you get a caller who's very rude and i need to be patient and i have to talk nicely even though i get scolded, sometimes i got a stupid caller and i have to ask simple questions so that the caller know what he really wants from me. and i have to always calm myself down at times when the telephone rings alot of time because the rings can make my heart beats fast, it made me angry. if i'm asleep i can wake up with just one ring even though the volume has been lowered down.

i do not like it when i have to work on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays when my work clash with these days but many people would love to take my position anytime because it looks easy for them, got TV to watch, the room is air conditioned, and we also have beds to sleep at night.

working as a telephone operator is best when there's a partner. of cos the partner must be as good as me. so far out of 3 partners i've worked with, the last one was the one that hurt me alot. i've talked about this guy a few times in my blog so i'm sure you bloggers should know who i'm referring to. my first partner had the same music taste as mine. metal. he loves Slayer while i was listening to Metallica and Iron Maiden. the other one is something like me. can talk about anything from religion to politics and even personal stuffs.

well how about my In-Charge, the captain? i got nothing to talk about him. he don't really care that much about his telephone operators cos he got other important stuff to worry about. but what i know, i've seen her wife before and she's hot.

Last but not least, goodbye NS, goodbye CDA and the people i've known. hopefully i can remember your names when i see you all outside because i have a problem with memorizing people's names. and goodbye CDA Ops Room. i don't like the telephones there so f*** you telephones!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home